STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Gahanna Christian Academy (GCA) is a vital part of Pathway Church (www.mypathwaychurch.com) and is open to families who desire their children to learn and grow in harmony with the Word of God. GCA presents, without apology, the truth about Jesus Christ as it is revealed in His Word. Students attending GCA are encouraged and inspired to make lifetime commitments to Christ and to Christian principles under the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Our school clearly emphasizes love for country, church, a Christian fellowship, and friends.
“Inspiring students to soar by developing W.I.N.G.S.”
Wisdom – Integrity – kNowledge – Godly Character – Servanthood
To equip our students to follow God’s will in their lives and become productive Christians in our society. We do this through a program of sound Christ-centered academic, social, physical and spiritual experiences.
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
Gahanna Christian Academy is in existence to work with parents in fulfilling their responsibility to train their children to become men and women of godly character with obedient hearts. Our goal is to equip our students to follow God’s will in their lives and become productive Christians in our society. We do this through a program of sound academic, social, physical and spiritual experiences (Luke 2:40).
GCA is viewed as a partner of the Christian home and the evangelical churches of the community, completing a triangle of godly influence upon children. GCA is in existence to work with parents in fulfilling their responsibility to train their children to become men and women of godly character and obedient hearts.
II Peter 1:5 tells the order of the emphasis that we must have: (1) Faith in God, (2) Then virtue (goodness and Godly character), (3) Then knowledge. This is our emphasis here at GCA.
We believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and is the source of Truth (II Timothy 3:16-17). Scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is the Creator and Sustainer of all things (Colossians 1:26-27; Hebrews 1:1-10) and all of nature’s mysteries point to Him, the Truth (John 14:6).
Proverbs 2:1-6, “My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.”
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Gahanna Christian Academy serves students from many denominational backgrounds. We can do this by avoiding divisive issues which render strife and are not central to the Christian faith, while emphasizing the following essential doctrines.
WE BELIEVE . . .
. . . the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
. . . there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and
God the Holy Spirit.
. . . in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles,
in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His Ascension to the
right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory
to rule a thousand years.
. . . in the Blessed Hope — the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming.
. . . the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious
blood of Christ.
. . . regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
. . . the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer
to believing prayer.
. . . the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
. . . in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to
live a holy life.
. . . in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other
to everlasting damnation.
- To encourage each student to come into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ honoring Him as Lord and Savior.
- To teach the Bible as the Word of God, a guide for daily living, resulting in each student developing a servant’s heart.
- To teach the basic principles of the Christian faith leading to the development of godly character and obedient hearts.
2 Peter 1:5 “For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control, and to self-control perseverance; ant to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- To become life long learners both independently and cooperatively.
- To gain a thorough command of basic skills in science, social studies mathematics, language arts and fine arts.
- To develop logical reasoning and critical thinking skills in all areas.
- To teach a God-centered view of the issue of human existence and to relate current events to God’s plan for man and the world.
- To develop knowledge and practical application of the Bible.
- To develop the necessary technical skills and study habits to be productive in society.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
- To teach and promote godly sportsmanship and teamwork
- To teach that the wise use of the body as a temple of the Holy Spirit requires discipline and habits that contribute to good health.
- To promote and develop fitness, coordination and skillful use of the body.
- To teach and promote lifelong fitness activities
1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”
Matthew 7:12 “So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
- To develop godly character.
- To develop a personal devoational time.
- To understand the importance of being a faithful steward in all things (e.g. money, time, and talents).
- To develop godly standards to be used in building relationships between marriage and the family.
- To develop inquiring minds, giving them the ability to questions, and to argue rationally.
Luke 2:40 “And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.”
Psalm 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
- To build personal worth through continual growth and understanding of Biblical truths.
- To develop personal values, character, and commitments that reflect the life of Jesus Christ.
- To promote the practice of good citizenship and help students recognize and assume responsibility to God, family, church, community, school, country, peers and self.
- To demonstrate a respect for and acceptance of others by seeking out and maintaining wholesome personal relationships with peers, parents, teachers, adults and people in general.
- To enhance a Christ-like duty and attitude regarding social concerns of the community and the world.
- To encourage and lead students in sharing Christ with others as they interact with people in the world.
Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
If you have any questions about GCA, please contact us at 614-471-9270.