New Applicants 1st-12th
OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS FEBRUARY 18th, 2014
Forms and Fees will be available by February 18, 2014
Dear Parents & Guardians:
Thank you for your interest in Gahanna Christian Academy. We are pleased to provide the information and forms necessary for formal enrollment to our school. Please read the forms carefully so that you have a clear understanding of our requirements.
• Application Requirements
1. We require that at least one parent be a born-again follower of Jesus Christ and be active in their local church.
2. If there are two parents residing in the household, they must be a legally married man and woman. This is based upon Biblical standards and scriptures.
3 First grade students must be six years old on or before August 1st and have completed an approved kindergarten program or be found to be developmentally ready for 1st grade.
4. Students in 3rd – 8th grade must score proficient or above on the Ohio Achievement Assessment. (OAA)
5. Students in 11th and 12th grade must have passed all sections of the Ohio Graduation Test. (OGT)
• Applications for Ed-Choice
GCA accepts the Ohio Ed-Choice Scholarships. Applications will be available February 18, 2014, under the Ohio EdChoice Tab.
• Assessments & Tours
Students must register for and pass the entrance assessment. ($30.00) Click on "Schedule Entrance Exam" listed below. Please complete the on-line application before the entrance exam.
Tour Dates for K - 12th grade: Please click "Event Registration" on our website homepage.
• Application Materials & Forms
All forms and links will be available on February 18, 2014
Students entering 1st - 12th grades must submit:
- On-line application
- Entrance Exam fee $30 per student (non-refundable) 2014 - 2015
- Application fee $150 per student (non-refundable) 2014 - 2015
- Facility Fee $300 per family (refundable) 2014 - 2015
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- Copy of report cards for the two preceding years
- Copy of Standardized Test results (SAT’s, OAA’s, OGT’s ) for the two preceding years.
- Pastoral Recommendation form - Print
- School Administrator’s Recommendation form – Print
- *Records Release form – Complete on-line
- *Parent Questionnaire 1-12– Complete on-line
- *Perpetual Enrollment Contract – Complete on-line
- Ed Choice Candidates – submit proof of residency (i.e. utility bill, lease agreement) and the Ohio Ed-Choice Application or the renewal form. (See Ed-choice tab for eligibility requirements and forms..)
* For each form you complete on-line, you will receive an email that you must confirm. Once each form has been confirmed it will be emailed to GCA.
For a printable check off list click here.
The Student Handbooks and Academic Handbooks can be found on our website under the Parents Corner tab.
• Admissions Process
Forms and Fees – submit to the Admissions Department located in the Middle School/High School building, or mail them to our address below.
Schedule Family Interview -After your student has passed the entrance exam, and all forms and fees have been submitted an interview will be scheduled with the appropriate Principal.
Admissions Decision - After the interview, the admissions committee will make a final decision and you will be notified of that decision, in writing, within ten working days. If your student is accepted, the Payment Plan Form, Immunization Form and the Emergency Medical Form will be required to complete enrollment. All new students are considered on probation (academic/social) for the first quarter.
Gahanna Christian Academy
Home of the Soaring Eagles
“Inspiring students to soar by developing W.I.N.G.S.”