2013 – 2014
Your student(s) may qualify for an Ed-Choice scholarship through House Bill 530. If the public school he or she is currently attending has been rated in Academic Emergency or Academic Watch for the past three years, your child(ren) may be eligible for up to $5,000 in scholarship money.
EdChoice applications are only accepted Feb.11th - March 15, 2013.
Ed-Choice students must meet all Gahanna Christian Academy’s admission requirements.
1. Students are admitted to GCA after the following evaluations have been considered: personal family interviews, parent questionnaire, completed pastor and administrator forms, review of prior grade cards/tests, and the student’s assessment results.
2. We require that at least one parent be a born-again follower of Jesus Christ and be active in their local church.
3. If there are two parents residing in the household, they must be a legally married man and woman. This is based upon Biblical standards and scriptures..
4. Students must pass the Entrance Assessment.
5. Students in 3rd - 8th grade must score Proficient or above on their Ohio Achievement Assessment. (OAA)
6. Students in 11th and 12th grade must have passed all sections of the Ohio Graduation Test. (OGT)
7. Kindergarten students must be five years old by August 1st. Exceptions are on an individual basis.
8. First grade students must be six years old on or before August 1st and have completed an approved kindergarten program or be found to be developmentally ready for 1st grade.
The Ed-Choice family will be responsible for the difference in the Ed-Choice scholarship and GCA’s tuition. They are also responsible for all fees including application, testing and facility fees.
Please see the New Applicant K-12 tab for directions on applying to GCA.